30 May 2008
The Great Road to the North
It's Friday night and I'm at home. Why, you ask? Because I'm packing for THE GREATEST ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME!!!! In approximately 15 hours, Mary, Kacie, Alex and I will embark upon the Great Highway (sounds better than the 101) to the North, and by North I mean Destination: CANADA. Vancouver, BC, to be exact.
OK, enough of the fanfare - I CAN'T EFFING WAIT!!!! I've wanted to make this trip for the four years that I've lived on the Left Coast and now we're finally making it happen. Stoked.
Now, what to pack, what to pack. Let's peep the weather. Whoo-hoo, warmth in Vancouver! Saw some rain on the way though so def bringing the rain shell.
The good news about this trip is that we're taking it piece-by-piece. First stop - Crater Lake. Then I think we're shooting up to somewhere in Washington, then to Vancouver by Monday (in time for the delicious weather!), spend a few days in Canada, camping, hiking, kayaking, etc., then back down via Seattle, Portland, Arcata and back home.
We'll definitely post pics soon. Whoo-hoo! (And I might Twitter about it, ya'll).
I also want to give a shout out, before we leave, to PETE, with his recent LOVE SONG TO DIVISADERO blog post. What else would you expect from the dude who was recently paraded down it by adoring friends? Of course he loves it. :) As I said in the comments to that post - Pete's enthusiasm and love for the city is possibly rivaled only by my own. Gotta love that, kindred spirit. :)
Ta for now. We're On the Road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment