11 June 2008

Sigh, vacation's over

We had the most amazing trip. SO much fun, many, many MEMORIES (thank god we didn't lose them!) and inside jokes, road nicknames (classic) and sayings, fake tattoos, bandannas, hitchhikers (not really, just Charlie, our surrogate hitcher) and loads of LAUGHS. Gosh, I don't even know where to begin recounting the trip or how to choose which of my 700 photos and videos I should post (and those are just mine, I'm sure Kacie and Alex have near as many as well).

I also did something on the trip that I haven't done in a LONG time: wrote in my REAL journal - as in, handwritten, on-the-fly recounting of the travels, the places, the jokes and I even drew a home-made map with images of each place we stopped. Perhaps, if I'm ambitious enough, I'll scan it and post it here. Oh man, what am I putting myself up to? :)

It was very bittersweet and certainly QUIET when I got back home Sunday night (around 10pm). After 9 straight days of talking and laughing and music and FRIENDS, I had nothing but a silent studio apartment (oh, I could hear my upstairs neighbor though - ugh) with not even a TV or radio to fill the void. Not that those would help, though, since what I really enjoyed most about the trip was the company. I remember I made a comment during the feast we cooked at Ted's cabin in the mountains outside Twisp, WA, that we would be sick of each other after a few more days (that was day two-three) but then quickly said "just kidding, our hearts will be bigger for each other," which I meant and it's true, in retrospect.

Here's a smattering of my fav photos:





2 comments:

mundane affair said...

jess, i am incredibly jealous of your trip. great pics. great vibes. looks like you guys had a blast. :)

Jes said...

thanks, Dave. We sure did. :) It was awesome to be away for a while.